November 10, 2017
The “pre-flight” process has been long and tedious. Let’s recap what our team has completed thus far:
- Collect all Icarus Journals
- Created an inventory of all the years that there were no published journals
- Scan in each hard-copy of the journal
- Assemble cohesive .PDFs of each journal
- Run text recognition through each journal
- Completed the online Archive
NOW IT’S TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN!
Disclaimer: That may mean something different for you than literary analysis, but hey, this is what we love to do!
Here is how we organized it, and the links to the Voyant corpus!
We are going to be looking more closely to the specific word frequency (as pleasantly seen in Cirrus) historical influence of the time period, and how similar words were used over a vast period of time.
We get more into the details in our following post!